We all know that aging is a beautiful part of life and we should embrace it but that doesn’t change the fact that we try to look our best and also try to take care of our skin as much as possible. Let’s face it, we want to look as young as we feel. I’m not ashamed of admitting that I feel as is I were 25 and I want to look like I’m 25 for as long as possible ( I may or may not but hey, I can dream!). Many around us feel the same way and that’s okay. We all want to be able to feel great and look great!
A great important part of our skin care routine is making sure that we are taking good care of our skin and protecting it from those external factors that may cause premature aging. Not only just using anti-aging products but verifying that we are doing our best to have healthy skin. There are factors that may be causing your skin to age prematurely and I would like to discuss what those factors are, what products customers are raving about and what can you do to look as great as you feel.
Environmental factors that are affecting your skin
As I mentioned, skin care is not only applying a bunch of products to your skin and hoping for the best. You also have to be aware of those environmental factors that may be causing damage to your skin, or in this case, premature aging. Some of these factors are:
- The sun
- Yes, you probably guessed it! Being outside and not protecting your skin from the sun may be causing damage to your skin. No matter the color of your skin or your skin type, it’s always important to use sunscreen.
- Besides causing your skin to age prematurely, the sun may cause other damages to your skin, such as:
- age spots, loose skin, spider veins, skin burns and even skin cancer
- This doesn’t mean that you should avoid the sun at all costs. There are also benefits of being outside during the day like vitamin D, stress relief and even something as simple as enjoying nature.
- I’m not judging, you do you but smoking may be causing your skin to age prematurely. It may cause the aging process to be sped up and also may cause your skin to look dull.
- Other effects of smoking has on the skin are wrinkles and sagging skin.
- Your diet
- Eating healthy has many benefits for each one of us besides being in shape or loosing weight. What you eat can also affect your skin and face. Consuming a high amount of sugar may cause your skin to age prematurely.
- Also, not drinking enough water may cause your skin to dehydrate. Your body needs water! Your skin needs water!
- Drinking a good amount of water may also help for those who have very dry skin.
- Drinking alcohol is a must for many out there. Again, not judging, but it may be causing your skin to prematurely age.
- The reason for this is that alcohol also causes dehydration and a dehydrated skin does not help.
- Alcohol may also cause puffiness and other negative reactions to your skin and overall health.
- Stressing can cause mayor changes in your body, mental health and your skin. This may cause wrinkles, dull looking face and aging skin. Since stress may lead to lack of sleep, this may also cause dark circles under your eyes.
- It’s not always easy, but it is important to find ways to deal with stress. Consider finding an activity that can help release your stress.
- Stress doesn’t just cause premature aging, it may cause other issues in your lifestyle and may affect your mental health. Please seek some help or advise if you feel like your stress is taking over you. Inner health is just as important.
These are some of the may factors that may be causing premature aging of the skin. It’s important to take care of our bodies. Not just so we can look our best but so that we can also feel our best.
Avoiding environmental damage to your skin
As mentioned, there are outside factors that may be causing your skin to age prematurely. Here are some actions you could take to avoid this from happening or worsening.
- Always use sunscreen
- Drink plenty of water
- Find ways to avoid or help with stress
- Eat healthier
- Drink plenty of water (yes, again)
- Moisturize to help your face stay hydrated
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol
- Avoid smoking
- Drink water (yes, once more just in case!)
Top 10 anti-aging products – Based on reviews
Alright, now we reached the good part. What are the best anti-aging products out there? Well, we searched and searched until we found some that work, have amazing ratings and would most likely work with your skin.
Face Serum with Collagen Peptide by Olay Regenerist, Advanced Anti-Aging
Olay’s anti-aging serum hydrates to improve elasticity and firm skin. Supercharged with Amino-Peptide Complex II, this product visibly diminished and smoothes the look of wrinkles. You may even see results after two weeks. It’s fast absorbing, non-greasy and non-comedogenic. For best results, use before moisturizing.
TruSkin Vitamin C-Plus, Anti Aging, Anti-Wrinkle Facial Serum
This anti-aging and anti-wrinkle serum has over a 1000 + reviews and about 81% of those are five stars! With a combination of Vitamin C, Retinol, Niacinamide, Botanical Hyaluronic Acid and Salicylic Acid this facial serum promotes and prolongs a more youthful and healthy looking skin. It’s great for all skin types and its free of parabens, silicone and artificial fragrances.
Baebody Retinol Moisturizer Cream
The BaeBody retinol moisturizer boots the skin renewal process and removes old skin cells. This helps with the growth of new skin cell and provides a brighter appearance. It also helps remove sun damage, hyperpigmentation, dark spots, dark circles, wrinkles and sagging skin.
Cosmedica Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
This Hyaluronic acid serum has over 7,000 + reviews. It improves the skin texture and provides brightness. The Hyaluronic acid also helps retain moisture. Additionally, it helps diminish fine lines and wrinkles leaving softer and smoother skin. It’s vegan, paraben and oil free and doesn’t have added fragrance. It’s good for all skin types.
Eb5 Intense Moisture Anti-Aging Face Cream
The eb5 face cream helps fight signs of aging with ingredients like vitamin E and Pro-Vitamin B5 and retinol. It helps repair, restore and replenish your skin providing a more toned face in just a couple of days. It’s gluten-free and does not have parabens or harsh chemicals.
Body Merry Retinol Moisturizer Anti Aging/Wrinkle Moisturizer Cream
This Body Merry Retinol cream combats signs of aging, like wrinkles, fine lines, spots, uneven skin tones and breakouts. It provides a soft, healthy, glowing skin. This formula is cruelty-free, fragrance-free and lightweight. Also, with ingredients like jojoba oil, aloe vera and green tea, it’s no secret this formula will help provide great looking skin.
Organys Retinol Cream with Hyaluronic Acid & Aloe Vera
This retinol cream provides prescription strength effectiveness without irritating the skin. It’s strong but appropriate for sensitive skin. It helps with uneven tone, wrinkles, fine lines and it can be used day or night. Other ingredients it has is aloe vera and rosewater to help bright up your skin.
DHC Extra Nighttime Moisture
This nighttime cream works best with the skin’s natural revitalization cycle. It’s rich with antioxidant to help hydrate the skin. Also, contains olive oil, and vitamin E to hydrate and protect skin’s natural moisture barrier. This product had 4.8 stars on the DHC website and 4.6 on Amazon!
ToLB Retinol Serum – Face Moisturizer Cream for Anti Aging, Anti Wrinkle
This retinol serum helps nourish and moisture your skin. It’s also good for reducing the appearance of wrinkles and causing your skin to feel healthier and look younger. With Vitamin E, Witch Hazel, Jojoba Oil, Green Tea, the serum with help revive your skin and eliminate wrinkles.
LilyAna Naturals Face Cream Moisturizer – Anti Aging Skin Care
This LilyAna Naturals Face Cream can be used twice per day and it works well with all skin types. This organic product, helps with wrinkles and it moisturizes your skin. It also hydrates and has ingredients like Rose Distillate, Aloe Vera, Vitamin C & E, Orange Extract and antioxidants leaving you looking youthful and
The best anti-aging products
Remember to always verify the ingredients of each and every product. Every skin is different and it may not work the same way for you as it does for others. Also, please verify the information and the reviews on products. Some only promote products that are very pricey instead of suggesting a variety of products or even what truly works. Of course, I’m not saying that they don’t work but don’t just buy what’s expensive just because its pricey. Find what works best for your skin!
Final reminder – As always!
Again, please remember that everybody is different and our skin reacts differently to every product. Look for products that work best for your skin type and if you are curious, you can even do a small patch test and see if you may react badly to a specific product.
Also, remember to avoid being under the sun without sunscreen. Protect your skin!
Let us know what product is your favorite and what works for you. You can leave us a comment or write us an email at email@example.com